The City Clerk is appointed by the Mayor and Board of Aldermen. The City Clerk serves as secretary to the Board, maintains the official records of the City, coordinates the preparation of Board meeting agendas and serves as the election official for the municipality.
The City Clerks office is located on the second floor of City Hall (room 234), 10 N. Bemiston Avenue. Please contact the City Clerk directly at 314-290-8469 or come in person for the following services:
- To register to vote if you are a Clayton resident. You must appear in person and bring with you two forms of identification (one of which must be a photo id) and proof of residency, such as a utility bill.
- To obtain a new resident packet if you have recently moved to the City of Clayton.
- To make an official request for public records in accordance with the State Open Records Act.
- To apply to serve on a voluntary City board or commission.
- To have an approved construction plat within the City of Clayton signed for recording.
- For information on the Donations, Sponsorships and Facility Naming Policy