Dr. David Tan
The Clayton Fire Department is pleased to announce that we retained Washington University as our new Medical Control. Dr. David Tan, WUEMS will act as our Medical Director. Dr. David Tan, a native of St. Louis has been the medical director at Clayton Fire Department since 2011. He is residency-trained in Emergency Medicine and was Chief Resident in his program at Barnes-Jewish Hospital from 2000-2001. Upon graduation, he joined the faculty and is now an Assistant Professor in the Division of Emergency Medicine at Washington University School of Medicine. Dr. Tan remains very active in EMS at the local, state, and national levels.
- Serves as Clayton Fire Department Medical Director
- Director of EMS Fellowship at Washington University
- EMT-Tactical certificate from the Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland
- Vice-Chairman of the Missouri State Advisory Council on EMS
- Fellow in the American Academy of Emergency Medicine, serving on its EMS Committee
- Operational EMS Taskforce Member, National Association of EMS Physicians