Officer Employment QualificationsMinimum Requirements for the position of Police Officer are:
- Reach his/her twenty-first birthday prior to the starting date of the police academy, or hire date.
- Be a citizen of the United States of America.
- Have weight in proportion to height.
- Possess eyesight not less than 20/100 (Snellen) in either eye and corrected to 20/20 (Snellen) in one eye and 20/30 (Snellen) in the other.
- Possess a valid Missouri driver's license.
- Have no felony convictions.
Preference will be given to applicants who possess at least an Associate Degree in a law enforcement related field and who have Missouri Class A, P.O.S.T. Certification.