Assistant Director/City Engineer
John Wulf P.E.
Davis Place Subdivision
Eastern Parking Restrictions
Over a considerable period of time, the City has received requests to modify on-street parking in the Davis Place Subdivision to meet the needs of the residents and Central Presbyterian Church. In response to these requests, City Staff’s goal has been to find an appropriate balance among the sometimes competing interests of safe vehicular transit, reasonable access to driveways and on-street parking for residents, their guests, and those attending services and other events at Central Presbyterian Church. Considerable input was received from a variety of stakeholders including the trustees, church representatives and residents through response to City surveys as well as additional subsequent input. On April 9, 2013, the Board of Aldermen passed an Ordinance revising the on-street parking restrictions to eastern portions of the Davis Place Subdivision. Per the Ordinance, these restrictions are effective as of June 1, 2014. Below is a map of the approved on-street parking restrictions. Note that only the areas with yellow and orange lines have changed.
The Public Works Department will begin installing the on-street parking restriction signage Monday, June 2nd. For those Clayton residents that do not have “Green” Zone 4 parking stickers and hang tags to park in areas with exceptions for residents, you may obtain them from the Traffic Violations Bureau at the Clayton Police Station, 10 S Brentwood Blvd, Mon–Fri, 8am–5pm. Stickers are limited to the number of vehicles owned by each resident or residential family. You will need to complete an application and provide proof of residency via your driver’s license or utility bill; either of which must have your Clayton address. Also, you have to provide the year, make, model and the license plate number of each vehicle that requires a sticker. Up to five visitor hang tags may also be obtained per housing unit for use by visitors, guests (both short-term and overnight), domestics and service people. Please direct any questions regarding stickers and hang tags to our Traffic Violations Bureau at (314) 290-8441.
Police enforcement will initially begin on June 2nd with a communication campaign to familiarize users of the on-street parking with the new regulations. During this time warning tickets will be issued. Violations will be issued starting June 16th.
Thank you for your patience during this effort by City Staff to meet the needs of the community.Below are copies of past correspondence from the City to the residents in the eastern portion of the Davis Place Subdivision.
- July 15, 2010-07-15 East Davis Place Parking Survey Letter
- July 2010 Existing Parking Restrictions Map
- July 2010 Proposed Parking Restrictions Map
- August 6, 2010 East Davis Place Parking Survey Letter
- September 10, 2010 Initiating Parking Trial Letter
- October 2010 Survey Results & 90 Day Trial Parking Restrictions Map
- February 17, 2011 East Davis Place Parking Final Survey Letter
- March 21, 2011 Davis Place Parking Survey Results Map
- March 25, 2011 Ordinance Notice Letter
- April 11, 2011 Parking Restrictions Map
- December 29, 2011 Proposed Parking Restrictions Map
- February 28, 2012 Davis Place Parking Restrictions
- March 5, 2012 On-Street Parking Restriction Implementation Letter