Notice Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
In accordance with the requirement of Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), the City of Clayton will not discriminate against qualified persons with disabilities on the basis of disabilities in its services, programs and activities.
Employment: The City of Clayton does not discriminate on the basis of disability in its hiring or employment practices and complies with all regulations promulgated by the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission under Title I of the ADA.
Effective Communication: The City of Clayton will generally, upon request, provide appropriate aids and services leading to effective communication for qualified persons with disabilities so they can participate equally in the City of Clayton programs, services and activities, including qualified sign language interpreters, documents in Braille, and other ways of making information and communication accessible to people with speech, hearing or vision impairments.
Modification to Policies and Procedures: The City of Clayton will make all reasonable accommodations to policies and programs to ensure that people with disabilities have an equal opportunity to enjoy all of its programs, services and activities. For example, individuals with service animals are welcomed in City of Clayton facilities, even where pets are generally prohibited.
The City of Clayton will not place a surcharge on a particular individual with disability or group of individuals with disabilities to cover the cost of providing auxiliary aids/services or reasonable accommodations of policy, such as retrieving items from locations that are open to the public but not accessible to persons who use wheelchairs. The ADA does not require the City of Clayton to take any action that would fundamentally alter the nature or its programs or services, or impose an undue financial or administrative burden.
Requesting ADA Accommodation
We welcome individuals of all abilities to enjoy our facilities and participate in our programs. If you or someone you know requires accommodation, let us know at the time of program registration or at least two weeks in advance of attendance.
Parks and Recreation:
All other departments:
Community Recreation Supervisor
50 Gay Ave.
Clayton, MO 63105
10 N. Bemiston Ave.
Clayton, MO 63105
If we are unable to to meet your request, you may address your concerns through the established grievance procedure below.
ADA Transition Plans
The City has an ADA Transition Plan that explains our commitment to the Americans with Disabilities Act guidelines. The Plan lists City accessible facilities and provides information on our past, current and future projects that will improve accessibility within our community.
Using this Web Site
Our website has been designed with the following accessibility guidelines in mind:
- The standard font used throughout the site has been chosen to be easily legible.
- Wherever possible, we use live text instead of graphics to reduce the download time of pages and increase your control.
- No information is exclusively conveyed using color. This doesn't mean that colors are not used to organize information; instead it means there are also other, non-color dependent ways of doing this.
- All images and hyperlinks, where appropriate, have an alternative text attribute. This means when an image or hyperlink is conveying important information its content is described with an alternative text.
- We have attempted specifically to comply with Section 508 referring to website accessibility standards.
- Some popular browsers contain built-in accessibility tools: