National Bike to School Day
- Date: 05/08/2019 (all day)
- Introduction: Join children, teens, and adults around the nation to celebrate the benefits of bicycling and walking.
Join children, teens, and adults around the nation to celebrate the benefits of bicycling and walking.
Bike to School Day is an annual event that promotes bicycling and walking for several reasons:
- Physical activity
- Teaching safe bicycling and pedestrian skills
- Awareness of how bikeable and walkable a community is and where improvements can be made
- Concern for the environment
- Reducing traffic congestion, pollution and speed near schools
- Sharing time with the community
Try biking to school on May 8, 2019 for a healthier you, healthier Clayton and a healthier planet!
Bike to School Day is part of National Bike Month.