Oak Knoll ParkAmenities:
- Picnic Tables
- Rentable Picnic Pad
- Walking Path
Oak Knoll Park is located at the North West corner of the intersection of Clayton Road and Big Bend Blvd. Established in 1958; it is Clayton's second largest park with 14.5 acres of tranquil beauty. The park is home to a native stand of 150 year old Post Oak trees for which it was named. The park has 2 picnic pads, one with seven tables near a large playground and the other with two tables next to a quiet pond. The pond has a lighted fountain and is surrounded by beautiful gardens. Visitors enjoy watching the turtles that live in the pond sunning themselves on an old stump in the water. During the summer musical concerts are held near the pond monthly.
The park has a half mile walking path which meanders through its interior. The path takes visitors past a newly restored native plant area with a rain garden, a lovely sunken garden and a flowering island garden known as the Uchitelle Garden of Reflection. Two stone mansions built in the early 20th Century by prominent St Louisans, Alvin Goldman and Charles Rice still stand in the park. One is now home to the Greater St. Louis Community Foundation and the other, the Clayton Early Childhood Center. Park & Recreation operations and offices are located in the restored Carriage House.