Thank you for your interest in working for the City of Clayton. Current job openings are listed below. To apply, click on your position of interest below. You will be able to submit your application electronically by using the "Apply Now" link found in each posting. Per City of Clayton policy, applications will only be accepted for positions for which there is a current vacancy. Unsolicited applications will not be accepted. For questions about job opportunities or for assistance with the application process, call the Clayton Human Resources Department at 314-290-8448.
Welcome Desk Associate
- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$15.00/hr
- Posted Date:04/09/2019
PURPOSE: To provide exemplary customer service to the public as well as other administrative duties to support the department’s programming, including registrations, membership applications, and payments while promoting programs and services.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
- High School Education or Equivalent
- Two (2) Years’ experience in customer service with cash handling and computer operations required.
- Facility Operation experience preferred.
- Certification in American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and Healthcare Provider and First Aid required within one month of employment.
- Must pass criminal background screening.
- Must be able to work:
- Every other week: Friday 5-9:15 pm, Sunday 9:45 am – 6:15 pm,
- Every other week (opposite week from above): Saturday 5:45 am – 2:15 pm
- Other times as needed
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE (but not limited to):
- Delivers a safe and excellent customer service experience to our residents, members and patrons.
- Enforces and adheres to existing policies and procedures, and suggests changes in current practices when necessary.
- Follows all policies and procedures for admitting customers to The Center; creates ID cards for members.
- Accepts registrations, membership applications, and other Parks and Recreation payments. Accountable for the cash register and its contents; responsible for daily cash reconciliation at the end of each shift.
- Promotes Center services and programs; answer questions and/or direct the public (in person or on the phone) to proper source of information.
- Leads facility tours for prospective members. Attracts new members and retain current members by maintaining a high level of customer service and professionalism for The Center of Clayton.
- Oversees daily operations of the Welcome Desk at The Center of Clayton while on duty.
- Provides training for new Welcome Desk staff while on duty.
- Reports any positive or negative feedback regarding the facility, staff, programs or department to the Supervisor. Reports any equipment problems or repairs needed to the Supervisor. Completes required reports at end of shift.
- Maintains a neat and orderly work space at the Welcome Desk area including the lobby seating area; maintains proper appearance and behavior as a representative of the department.
- Attends all staff meetings or training sessions as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Clayton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the City of Clayton not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, national origin or ancestry, religion or creed, gender, age, disability or other legally protected statuses. This policy extends to all stages of the employment process, including but not limited to: recruiting or advertising for employment; evaluating the skills, education and experience of applicants; establishing rates of pay and terms, conditions and privileges of employment (including training opportunities); and promoting, upgrading, demoting, transferring, laying off and terminating employees.