Administrative Specialist II-HR
- Salary/Pay Rate:$40,170 - $46,816 (Full Range up to $56,180)
- Posted Date:09/28/2018 3:07 PM
The City of Clayton is looking for an Administrative Specialist who will provide administrative and clerical support to the Human Resources Department by performing duties which are often technical, complex, and confidential while acting as a liaison for all employees. A full job description can be found by clicking click here.
The starting salary range is $40,170 - $46,816, depending on qualifications. The full range for this position is $40,170 - $56,180 annually. In addition, a competitive and comprehensive benefits packages is available beginning with the date of hire.
FIRST REVIEW OF APPLICATIONS: Friday, October 12, 2018 at 5:00pm
REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
- Associates’ Degree in Human Resources or related field Required
- Human Resources Related Certifications or Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Three (3) years of progressively responsible HR administrative work to include customer service work.
- Equivalent combination of experience/education will be considered.
- Working knowledge and experience with full suite of Microsoft Office products.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Oversees the recruitment and hiring process including writing and posting job advertisements, maintaining applicant logs, administering pre-employment testings, and requesting background checks. Performs new hire orientations.
- Creates and maintains all personnel filed from hire through termination. Maintains retiree files. Ensures compliance with E-Verify.
- Inputs all employee information into the City’s HR Software program and makes change updates to employee profiles as applicable.
- Assists with answering questions and tracking all employee leave requests, including FMLA and Work Comp.
- Creates timesheets on a bi-weekly basis; proofs completed timesheets for and prepares for payroll.
- Prepare paperwork on a City-wide basis for annual merit pay increases and scheduled midpoint increases throughout the year.
- Administers the City’s computer loan and tuition reimbursement programs.
- Responds to all requests for employment verifications.
- Assists with the completion of city surveys.
- Reviews unemployment claims and reports all terminations/requests for information to the third-party administrator.
- Enrolls employees in benefit programs with vendors and sets up payroll deductions as well as oversees Open Enrollment process. Audits and pays monthly invoices. Administers COBRA.
- Answers basic questions relating to retirement savings plans (Pension, 457, Roth) and processes enrollments, change requests, and contribution reports.
- Processes employee recognition and awards as well as assists with planning of employee events.
- Performs general office functions for the department such as supply ordering, mail handling, distributing checks, answering incoming calls, keying purchase orders, and greeting walk-ins.
- Maintains a positive, productive environment while ensuring compliance with City policies as well as complying with federal/state/local labor laws.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply, please complete our online application by clicking here.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Clayton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the City of Clayton not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, national origin or ancestry, religion or creed, gender, age, disability or other legally protected statuses. This policy extends to all stages of the employment process, including but not limited to: recruiting or advertising for employment; evaluating the skills, education and experience of applicants; establishing rates of pay and terms, conditions and privileges of employment (including training opportunities); and promoting, upgrading, demoting, transferring, laying off and terminating employees.