Thank you for your interest in working for the City of Clayton. Current job openings are listed below. To apply, click on your position of interest below. You will be able to submit your application electronically by using the "Apply Now" link found in each posting. Per City of Clayton policy, applications will only be accepted for positions for which there is a current vacancy. Unsolicited applications will not be accepted. For questions about job opportunities or for assistance with the application process, call the Clayton Human Resources Department at 314-290-8448.
- Salary/Pay Rate:$15.00 - $20.00
- Posted Date:01/03/2019
Clayton Parks and Recreation is currently seeking a Swim Coaches for the coordination of the City of Clayton Summer Recreational Swim Team. Required time commitment is Monday – Thursday, June – mid July from 5:00pm-8:30pm.
- Oversees the development of seasonal plans for all squads of the swim team.
- Plan and conduct daily swim practices for assigned groups.
- Monitor the safety of swimmers during practice, swim meets, and other swim team functions.
- Monitor assigned group entries and attendance.
- Coordinate and Supervise home swim meets.
- Network with other coaches and abide by the coach’s code of ethics.
- Attend swim meets as assigned by Aquatic Supervisor.
- Attend clinics and other educational activities to keep credentials current.
- Maintain open lines of communication open with parents; returning calls pertaining to swimmers within forty-eight hours; sending weekly update emails to parents.
- High School Degree required. Bachelor’s Degree in Parks and Recreation, Education, Coaching or a closely related field from an accredited institution is preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience in teaching swim lessons. Background in coaching swim team is preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Knowledge of modern theories, principles and practices of coaching swimming to youth.
- Knowledge of community relations and marketing techniques.
- Ability to supervise part-time staff and youth participants.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
Contact - Karen Herbig at 314-290-8572 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clayton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the City of Clayton not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, national origin or ancestry, religion or creed, gender, age, disability or other legally protected statuses. This policy extends to all stages of the employment process, including but not limited to: recruiting or advertising for employment; evaluating the skills, education and experience of applicants; establishing rates of pay and terms, conditions and privileges of employment (including training opportunities); and promoting, upgrading, demoting, transferring, laying off and terminating employees.