Thank you for your interest in working for the City of Clayton. Current job openings are listed below. To apply, click on your position of interest below. You will be able to submit your application electronically by using the "Apply Now" link found in each posting. Per City of Clayton policy, applications will only be accepted for positions for which there is a current vacancy. Unsolicited applications will not be accepted. For questions about job opportunities or for assistance with the application process, call the Clayton Human Resources Department at 314-290-8448.
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$49,483 - $56,906
- Posted Date:03/08/2019 11:38 AM
- Deadline to Apply:03/29/2019
The City of Clayton is now seeking a Fitness Supervisor who will manage a comprehensive fitness and wellness program for the community and provide, safe, healthy and attractive exercise areas for The Center of Clayton patrons. A full job description can be found by clicking click here.
The starting salary range is $49,483 - $56,906, depending on qualifications. In addition, a competitive and comprehensive benefits packages is available beginning with the date of hire.
- Directly supervise Assistant Fitness Supervisor, Personal Training Coordinator, personal trainers, group fitness instructors and specialty instructors. Oversee and monitor the hiring, training, evaluation, scheduling of fitness staff as completed by the Assistant Fitness Supervisor.
- Manage all contracts pertaining to fitness operations; schedule and rent aerobics rooms and Youth Activity Center at The Center of Clayton; manage equipment repair procedures.
- Plan, coordinate, market and evaluate the personal training, group fitness and youth programs for the department; coordinate statistical reports relating to Fitness including personal training, fitness center usage and Youth Activity Center and program enrollments.
- Prepare and monitor fitness budget including revenues and expenses related to fitness staff, programming and supplies. Manage a replacement plan for fitness equipment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Parks & Recreation or a closely related field from an accredited institution or equivalent experience and education. Master's Degree preferred.
- Minimum two years experience in the area of fitness management to include experience in program development, personal training and equipment acquisition.
- Knowledge in budget development and personnel management.
To apply, please complete our online application by clicking here.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Clayton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the City of Clayton not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, national origin or ancestry, religion or creed, gender, age, disability or other legally protected statuses. This policy extends to all stages of the employment process, including but not limited to: recruiting or advertising for employment; evaluating the skills, education and experience of applicants; establishing rates of pay and terms, conditions and privileges of employment (including training opportunities); and promoting, upgrading, demoting, transferring, laying off and terminating employees.