Thank you for your interest in working for the City of Clayton. Current job openings are listed below. To apply, click on your position of interest below. You will be able to submit your application electronically by using the "Apply Now" link found in each posting. Per City of Clayton policy, applications will only be accepted for positions for which there is a current vacancy. Unsolicited applications will not be accepted. For questions about job opportunities or for assistance with the application process, call the Clayton Human Resources Department at 314-290-8448.
Program Coordinator- Athletics
- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$12.00 - $16.00
- Posted Date:06/18/2019
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To assist the Athletics and Facilities Department in the implementation of programming for the City of Clayton.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Delivers a safe and excellent customer service experience to our residents, members and patrons.
- Enforces and adheres to existing policies and procedures and suggests changes in current practices when necessary.
- Train, schedule, and evaluate youth sports officials, scorekeepers and coordinators.
- Assist in the development, marketing, and implementation of the Athletics and Facility Department’s programs.
- Communicate effectively with coaches, captains, parents, players, officials, and staff members.
- Assist with the daily operations of the Youth Sports Leagues.
- Responsible for field / court set ups before youth sports games.
- Assist in loading, unloading and transporting supplies, materials and equipment
- Evaluate programs and make recommendations for improvements or additions.
- Update the Sports Hotline when necessary with league information or cancellations.
- Keep supervisor informed of all positive and negative information regarding the physical facility, department staff, and general public.
- Inform the supervisor of any maintenance or safety concerns.
- Instruct classes or officiate games when needed.
- Ensure completion of accident/incident reports when accidents or injuries have occurred.
- Attends all staff meetings or training sessions as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old; high school degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Certification in American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and Healthcare Provider and First Aid required within three months of employment.
- Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions.
- Preferred minimum one year of experience in programming either as an instructor, supervisor, or equivalent.Prefer experience in program development, instruction, staff supervision, and proven communication skills.
Clayton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the City of Clayton not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, national origin or ancestry, religion or creed, gender, age, disability or other legally protected statuses. This policy extends to all stages of the employment process, including but not limited to: recruiting or advertising for employment; evaluating the skills, education and experience of applicants; establishing rates of pay and terms, conditions and privileges of employment (including training opportunities); and promoting, upgrading, demoting, transferring, laying off and terminating employees.