Thank you for your interest in working for the City of Clayton. Current job openings are listed below. To apply, click on your position of interest below. You will be able to submit your application electronically by using the "Apply Now" link found in each posting. Per City of Clayton policy, applications will only be accepted for positions for which there is a current vacancy. Unsolicited applications will not be accepted. For questions about job opportunities or for assistance with the application process, call the Clayton Human Resources Department at 314-290-8448.
Hanley House Program Coordinator
- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$12.00 - $15.00
- Posted Date:07/10/2019
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The purpose of this position is to assist the Recreation Manager in the implementation and enhancement of Hanley House tours and programming for the City of Clayton Parks and Recreation Department
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Delivers a safe and excellent customer service experience to our residents, members and patrons.
- Enforces and adheres to existing policies and procedures and suggests changes in current practices when necessary.
- Work cooperatively with all Department personnel to promote customer satisfaction with programs and facilities.
- Escort visitors on a tour of the Hanley House and show them the artifacts located within the house using the tour script. Conducts tours during open house tour hours. Schedule and conduct private tours of the Hanley as requested.
- Inspect artifacts and furnishings and maintain inventory control over each item.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of special events and programs at the site.
- Maintain all paper work and other data according to department procedures.
- Evaluate tours and programs and make recommendations for improvements.
- Attends all staff meetings or training sessions as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old; high school degree preferred.
- Certification in American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and Healthcare Provider and First Aid required within three months of employment.
- Experience with public speaking and leading group tours.
- Interest in Museum Studies or History field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Understanding of the period of history in which this house has been preserved.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Effective oral communication skills necessary.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service skills and relate to guest of all ages and backgrounds.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to understand and effectively carry out verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other members of the staff, supervisor, and the public.
- Ability to communicate in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to define problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to think quickly, maintain self-control, and adapt to stressful situations.
- Ability to work accurately with attention to detail.
- Ability to work the allocated hours of the position.
Clayton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the City of Clayton not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, national origin or ancestry, religion or creed, gender, age, disability or other legally protected statuses. This policy extends to all stages of the employment process, including but not limited to: recruiting or advertising for employment; evaluating the skills, education and experience of applicants; establishing rates of pay and terms, conditions and privileges of employment (including training opportunities); and promoting, upgrading, demoting, transferring, laying off and terminating employees.