Thank you for your interest in working for the City of Clayton. Current job openings are listed below. To apply, click on your position of interest below. You will be able to submit your application electronically by using the "Apply Now" link found in each posting. Per City of Clayton policy, applications will only be accepted for positions for which there is a current vacancy. Unsolicited applications will not be accepted. For questions about job opportunities or for assistance with the application process, call the Clayton Human Resources Department at 314-290-8448.
Aquatic Program Coordinator
- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$13.00 - $18.00
- Posted Date:09/18/2019 1:29 PM
The Aquatic Program Coordinator will assist the Aquatics Supervisor in the implementation and enhancement of aquatic programming.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Delivers a safe and excellent customer service experience to our residents, members and patrons.
- Enforces and adheres to existing policies and procedures and suggests changes in current practices when necessary.
- Actively supervise participants and staff in aquatic programs, providing proper guidance and safety direction through interaction and instruction.
- Communicate regularly with staff, participants and parents, as appropriate.
- Schedule private swim lessons and assist in coordinating aquatic and camp programming instructor schedules.
- Monitor attendance for group swim lessons and aquatic camp programs.
- Evaluate aquatic and camp programs and make recommendations for improvements.
- Maintain all paper work and other data according to department procedures.
- Assist with the supervising and training of aquatic program staff by attending all relevant staff meetings and training sessions for programming staff.
- Request program equipment and supplies from the supervisor in advance of the class start date.
- Keep supervisor informed of all positive and negative information regarding the physical facility, department staff, and general public.
- Instruct classes as needed.
- Respond to first aid and emergency situations as needed and ensure completion of accident/incident reports.
- Attends all staff meetings or training sessions as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Minimum two years’ experience in aquatic programming either as an instructor, supervisor, or equivalent. Prefer experience in program development, instruction, staff supervision, and proven communication skills.
- Current Certification in American Red Cross Water Safety, American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and Healthcare Provider and First Aid, and Lifeguarding is preferred.
- Interest in working with people.
- High school diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Karen Herbig at 314-290-8572 or email@example.com.
Clayton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the City of Clayton not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, national origin or ancestry, religion or creed, gender, age, disability or other legally protected statuses. This policy extends to all stages of the employment process, including but not limited to: recruiting or advertising for employment; evaluating the skills, education and experience of applicants; establishing rates of pay and terms, conditions and privileges of employment (including training opportunities); and promoting, upgrading, demoting, transferring, laying off and terminating employees.