Thank you for your interest in working for the City of Clayton. Current job openings are listed below. To apply, click on your position of interest below. You will be able to submit your application electronically by using the "Apply Now" link found in each posting. Per City of Clayton policy, applications will only be accepted for positions for which there is a current vacancy. Unsolicited applications will not be accepted. For questions about job opportunities or for assistance with the application process, call the Clayton Human Resources Department at 314-290-8448.
- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$25.00 – $35.00
- Posted Date:10/24/2016
Responsibilities - This position is responsible for instructing classes as assigned; recording statistics in regards to class participation; attending required staff meetings; maintaining current certification; and delivering excellent customer service to our members and patrons.
Availability requirements: Currently, instructors are needed for early morning and evening classes. Formats include High Intensity Interval training, Cardio Combo, TRX. Pilates subs are also needed.
Job Qualifications -Only candidates possessing the following qualifications will be considered for this position.
- High School Diploma is preferred.
- National Aerobics Instructor Certification is required for Aerobics classes (AFAA, ACE, ACSM preferred).
- TRX instructors must have gone through TRX training AND possess a National Certification in either Group Fitness or Personal Training.
- Pilates instructors require a 40+ hour pilates certification.
- Certification in CPR and First Aid is required prior to hire. Since our facility is an American Red Cross facility, you will need to have American Red Cross Certification within 3 months of hire if certification was attained through another certification organization.
Contact – Lori Rice at 314-290-8511 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Clayton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the City of Clayton not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, national origin or ancestry, religion or creed, gender, age, disability or other legally protected statuses. This policy extends to all stages of the employment process, including but not limited to: recruiting or advertising for employment; evaluating the skills, education and experience of applicants; establishing rates of pay and terms, conditions and privileges of employment (including training opportunities); and promoting, upgrading, demoting, transferring, laying off and terminating employees.