Weekly Wrap Up March 31st, 2019
This week the City of Clayton Fire Department:
- Responded to 48 calls for service (20 Fire/Rescue & 28 Emergency Medical responses)
- Accumulated 218.3 hours of training
- Completed 14 Commercial fire and life safety building inspections
- Participated in 1.5 hours of public education and community service
This week’s safety message is: Home Fire Sprinklers Save Lives
- According to the U.S. Fire Administration and FEMA
- Fire sprinklers and smoke alarms reduce your risk of dying in a fire by 82%
- Home fire sprinklers keep fires small by reducing the heat, flames and smoke made in a fire
- Only the home fire sprinkler closest to the fire will spray water
- Home fire sprinklers put much less water on the fire than a fire department hose
- Home fire sprinklers can be installed in a new and already built homes.Install a home fire sprinkler system if you are remodeling or building a home
- A sprinkler costs about $1.35 per square foot. This cost is about the same as upgraded cabinets or carpet.
- Installing a sprinkler system has the potential to lower insurance rates by 5-15 percent by meeting code requirements.
The Clayton Fire Department exists to help prepare our community for emergencies, support people when overwhelmed, and care for them in their time of need. We want to provide a safe environment for our citizens and guests to enjoy our community and all it has to offer.
If you have any further questions about the Clayton Fire Department or programs that we offer, please feel free to contact Fire Captain/Public Information Officer Ryan Harrell at (314)285-5733 or RHarrell@ClaytonMo.gov.