Renovation Update Sept. 21
Publish Date:09/21/2019 12:24 PM
Return to full list >>
The expansion is underway at The Center of Clayton, and parts of the interior renovation are nearing completion. The following is a brief update about the areas currently under renovation.
- Competition Pool will reopen on Tuesday, October 1 – Tiling of the pool is complete and resurfacing of the pool and deck will begin soon. Center members will continue to have access to Shaw Park Aquatic Center through the end of September. Beginning October 1, all activities held in the competition pool will resume. See the indoor Lap Lane Availability chart for details.
- Leisure Pool will open in mid-to-late October – The new play feature has been installed and the majority of tile has been laid. Crews will resurface the pool, slide, and deck in the coming weeks. Program participants will be contacted with more details once the opening date is firm.
- Locker Rooms will open in late October – Tiling is nearly complete and resurfacing of the floor will begin soon. Locker installation will begin in mid-October and dictate the final opening date. Members and guests may continue to use the Team Locker Rooms at the end of the hall during this closure.
- Gyms 1 & 2 will open at the end of next week – Wall painting is nearly complete and will be followed by painting the track railing and hanging new wall pads. Once complete, all gyms will be available for regular operation.
- Fitness Center & Track to be determined – The track may need to partially close for railing painting early next week. Closures in the main fitness area have not yet been determined.