Tennis Center Reopening Policies
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is impacting the world in an unprecedented way. When we shut down in March no one imagined that the impact would be so far-reaching and protracted. Shaw Park Tennis Center is now open for limited use by residents, members and our corporate community.
- Courts will be open only when staff is on duty. Current hours are:
- Monday - Thursday 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
- Friday- Sunday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Courts must be booked in advance by calling the Tennis Center at 314-290-8596. Reservation fees will not apply during this time.
- We have a limited capacity of 25% of normal occupancy per St. Louis County orders. Courts will be limited to 4 patrons, and the building limited to 3 patrons.
- All patrons must have a current Platinum Membership, Tennis Pass or Advantage Status to use the courts at this time.
- Daily admission is available to those with Resident or Corporate Advantage Status via credit card or check. No cash will be accepted.
We implemented a number of enhanced safety measures to mitigate COVID-19 in accordance with guidelines established by the St. Louis County Department of Public Health, the Center for Disease Control and the United States Tennis Association. These measures include:
- We will increase cleaning and sanitization throughout the day and overnight.
- Protective barriers have been installed at our register to separate you from staff.
- Face masks are required for both staff and players while they are in the Tennis Center building and court pathways; masks should be removed when playing.
- All staff will have their temperature taken upon arrival for their shift and will be asked to leave work if they are above 100.4F.
- All staff and patrons will be asked to acknowledge that they are not experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, and have not, to their knowledge, been in contact with anyone with COVID-19 or any high-risk individuals. Those experiencing symptoms or indicating they have been in contact with someone will not be allowed to enter the facility.
- The middle bank of nets has been removed to facilitate social distancing.
- All paths and gates are one way;.follow facility signs for proper entry and exit locations.
- No equipment rentals will be available.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are located throughout the facility.
Playing Tennis Safely
When playing tennis, practice the following safety guidelines from USTA:
- Try to stay at least 6 feet apart from all other people in the facility.
- Use your racquet or foot to pass balls to other players.
- Stay on one side of the court.
- Wash your hands thoroughly or use hand sanitizer before, during, and after play. Hand sanitizer dispensers are located throughout the facility.
- Bring a full water bottle. Drinking fountains are not available.
- Bring marked tennis balls for easy identification.