Center of Clayton Reopening
We are happy to announce that all guidance from St. Louis County is now available and The Center of Clayton is scheduled to reopen on Wednesday, July 1. The following modifications to or our operations have been instituted based on the COVID-19 Safe Operating Guidelines and direction from our parent organizations.
At this time, admission will be limited to current members, Clayton residents and our corporate community. Information about proof of residency or corporate status is available on our Advantage Status page. Non-residents may purchase a platinum membership to use the facility.
Temporary Hours: July 1 – July 12 (Reservations required*)
|Monday - Friday||7 a.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Saturday - Sunday||9 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
*Reservations are required through July 12 to ensure adherence to St. Louis County’s occupancy and social distancing restrictions. Reservations can be made up to one week in advance (to the hour) through our online registration site. Please include every person who will attend. Please limit reservations to one per day to ensure others have the opportunity to use our facilities. If you need assistance, please call 314-290-8500 during operating hours. Please note that reservations can only be cancelled by contacting us before your scheduled time. Reserve Now. New accounts may be created by contacting us through the New Account Form.
Modified hours beginning July 13
|Monday -Friday||5:15 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.|
|Saturday & Sunday||7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.|
St. Louis County has limited occupancy and required additional distance between users. To meet these requirements, areas of the facility will be restricted to the following capacities:
- Fitness Center: 50; every third piece of cardio equipment will be open to ensure the required minimum of 10-foot spacing between users. Weight equipment will need to be cleaned between each user.
- Competition Pool: 16; Lap swim only
- Leisure Pool: 4 for Lap swim only, plus 4 for river walking. Recreational swim will return later in July.
- Hot Tub: 2
- Locker Rooms: Lockers and showers will be available, but guests are required to maintain 6-foot distance from others. Showers will be cleaned every 2 hours.
- Kid Center: Will reopen in August.
- Youth Activity Center: Will reopen in August.
- Courts: Available for socially distant skill development only; no organized competition permitted. You must bring your own equipment.
- Climbing Wall: Will reopen in August.
- Subway: The restaurant is expected to reopen in August.
In addition to everything mentioned above, we will be instituting the following operational changes to comply with St. Louis County guidelines:
- Reservations – Reservations are required through July 12 and can be made through our online registration site or by calling 314-290-8500 during our current operating hours. Reservations will be 1.5 hours long and all patrons must arrive and leave within their scheduled time block. Reservations will no longer be required beginning July 13.
- Face Coverings – Everyone over the age of 9 is required to wear a mask except while actively exercising. Please wear a mask while waiting in line to enter the facility and when moving around the facility or resting. It is recommended that children between 3-9 years of age wear a Face Covering, but it is not required. Read St. Louis County’s full Face Covering Guidelines on their website
- Admission Screening - We will screen and conduct temperature checks for all patrons and staff before admission to the facility. Please stay home if you or anyone in your family is experiencing symptoms, has been exposed, or has been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. Anyone experiencing symptoms, including a temperature of 100.4 or above, will be denied entry.
- Social Distancing - 6 feet of social distancing is required throughout the facility for individuals not in the same household. Please follow directional signage and floor markings throughout the building.
- Equipment Check-Out – No shared equipment will be available including locks, towels, balls, stretch bands, mats, foam rollers, swimming aids, etc.
- Disinfecting - We will conduct additional cleaning throughout the day, especially on high touch surfaces, equipment and common areas.
- Hygiene – All patrons and staff are required to sanitize hands upon entering and before exiting.
- Water Fountains - You will need to bring your own refillable water bottles. We have water bottle filling stations, but our water fountains will not be available for use.
- Classes – All group classes have been canceled through August 16.
- Personal Training/Private Lessons – Private instruction will resume after July 13 at the client’s discretion.
What to bring
- Face Covering
- Water Bottle
- Exercise Mat
Details about St. Louis County Guidelines can be found on their site at https://stlcorona.com/dr-pages-messages/covid-19-safe-operating-protocols/
If you have any additional questions or need clarification on anything mentioned above, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 314-290-8500.