The Clayton Strategic Plan provides a vision of Clayton as a sustainable, welcoming community comprised of desirable neighborhoods, attractive green space, diverse artistic, cultural and recreational opportunities and a multi-model transportation system, all of which foster a safe, healthy and enriched quality of life.
Sustainability is most often defined as meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet theirs.
CLIMATE• Clayton Greenhouse Gas Benchmarking - Coming Soon!
• OneSTL Statement of Endorsement
• Transportation (Complete Streets) - Coming Soon!
ENERGY• Pure Power Community - Coming Soon!
• Solar Energy - Coming Soon!
• Energy Benchmarking - Coming Soon!
• Sustainable Building Practices - Coming Soon!
WASTE• Recycling Guidelines
• City Recycling Investment - Coming Soon!
• Electronics and Pharmaceutical Recycling programs - Coming Soon!
ECOSYSTEM• Tree City USA
• Tree Canopy - Coming Soon!
• Emerald Ash Borer
• Pests and Pollinators - Coming Soon!
Sustainability Advisory Committee
The role of the Sustainability Advisory Committee (SAC) is to advise the Mayor, Aldermen, and the City Manager with respect to the development and/or support of ecologically sound programs and practices within Clayton's municipal government, the Clayton community and the metropolitan St. Louis region.
For more information about the SAC and when they meet, please visit the link below.