Roles and Duties
The Community Equity Commission (Bill No. 6759) was established to provide the Mayor and Board of Aldermen with an additional resource as well as special insight and guidance on matters of equity, diversity and inclusion.
The Commission shall serve in an advisory capacity to the Mayor and Board of Aldermen on ways to:
- Promote community awareness and education on the value of diversity to the community;
- Promote equity on the basis of economic status, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, marital status, lawful source of income, physical or mental disability, familial status, sexual orientation, and gender identity;
- Evaluate and develop actionable equity recommendations to be used to examine and strengthen policies, practices, services and programs, which will establish the Commission as a community resource and regional leader;
- Promote responsiveness of government to concerns of all minority groups and others that may be subject to bias or discrimination in the community; and
- Encourage the creation and continuation of community equity, diversity and inclusion awareness efforts, programs, and activities that are available and accessible to all community members.
Source of Authority
Section 140.040 of the municipal code
Ex-officio members include Dr. Sean Doherty of the Clayton School District, Joanna Schooler of Washington University, The Reverend Laurie Anzilotti of the Episcopal Church of the Holy Communion, and Darlene Reed of St. Louis County Government. Aldermen Joanne Boulton and Susan Buse are the Board of Aldermen Liaisons.
|Meeting Title||Meeting Date||Agenda||Minutes|
|Community Equity Commission||07/09/2020 5:30 PM||Agenda||Not Available|
|Community Equity Commission||06/11/2020 5:29 PM||Agenda||Not Available|
|Community Equity Commission||05/14/2020 5:30 PM||Agenda||Minutes|
|Community Equity Commission||04/30/2020 6:00 PM||Agenda||Minutes|