The City Clerk is appointed by the Mayor and Board of Aldermen. The City Clerk serves as secretary to the Board, maintains the official records of the City, coordinates the preparation of Board meeting agendas and serves as the election official for the municipality.
The City Clerks office is located on the second floor of City Hall (room 234), 10 N. Bemiston Avenue. Please contact the City Clerk directly at 314-290-8469 or come in person for the following services:
- To obtain a new resident packet if you have recently moved to the City of Clayton.
- To make an official request for public records in accordance with the State Open Records Act.
- To apply to serve on a voluntary City board or commission.
- To have an approved construction plat within the City of Clayton signed for recording.
- For information on the Donations, Sponsorship and Facility Naming Policy
Individuals can register to vote at City Hall, 10 N. Bemiston Avenue, during normal business hours (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday). For specific information about voting in St. Louis County (e.g., absentee voting, your polling place, valid forms of identification required to vote, etc.), please call 314-615-1800 or visit their Website at http://www.stlouisco.com/yourgovernment/elections.
Election and Candidate Filing Date
The general municipal election for three Aldermen, one from each ward, for a three-year term of office, will be held on Tuesday, April 4, 2017. Election and candidate filing begins at 8:00 am on Tuesday, December 13, 2016, and closes at 5:00 pm on Tuesday, January 17, 2017. The City Clerk shall receive Declarations of Candidacy at 10 N. Bemiston Avenue, Clayton, Missouri. Names of candidates shall be listed on the ballot in the order in which they are filed.
For more information about candidate filing and position requirements, please review the attached Election and Candidate Filing Notice.