Service Changes Due to COVID-19: 

Changes, closures and cancellations have occurred to many of Clayton's facilities, meetings, events and services in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Click for updated information.

Sales Tax Revenue

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

The City levies a one and one quarter cent sales tax on retail sales. This tax is allocated to the General Fund and used for the general operating needs of the City. The City also levies two half-cent sales taxes which are allocated to the Capital Improvement Fund and used for storm-water control, capital improvements, and park and recreation improvements or services. The City levied a one-quarter cent sales tax to support Fire & EMS services in the City, and collection began in Fiscal Year 2015 (October 1, 2014).

In FY 2016, the City expects to receive $7,589,550 in sales tax revenue. Approximately 57% of the sales tax revenue is allocated to the General Fund. The remaining 43% of anticipated sales tax is allocated to the Capital Improvement Fund.

For a detailed description of St. Louis County sales taxes and their distributions, click here.