Parking tickets are issued by the Police and/or Parking Ambassadors. Fines are based on the type of violation.
Payment may be made on parking tickets by one of the following methods:
- Pay Online (Visa, MasterCard or American Express). Convenience fees will apply.
- Mail or visit the Traffic Violations Bureau at 10 S. Brentwood Blvd. to pay the prescribed fine (Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.. (Please DO NOT mail cash. Checks should be payable to the City of Clayton.)
- If the violation is for an expired meter ($20.00 fine), the fine will be discounted in half ($10,00) if paid in person within 30 minutes of the issuance of the summons.
- Drop Box payment (does not include discounted tickets)
- 10 S. Brentwood Blvd. (located near front door)
- Hanley/Wydown Parking Lot (located near driveway & traffic controller on edge of sidewalk)
- Maryland/Central Parking Lot (located on the corner)
- 11 N. Meramac Parking Lot (located on the southeast corner)
- 40 S. Central Parking Lot (located between planters on the concrete portion behind sidewalk)
- City Hall (located on the northeast corner of Bemiston & visitors parking lot)
- Expired Meter
- Paid within 14 days: $20
- Paid within 15-21 days: $40
- Paid after 21 days: $60
- Overtime at a meter
- Paid within 14 days: $25
- Paid within 15-21 days: $50
- Paid after 21 days: $75
- Parking in a disabled space
- Paid within 14 days: $100
- Paid within 15-21 days: $150
- Paid after 21 days: $225
For a list of all parking fines and ordinances, click here.
Penalties for Failure to Pay Parking Tickets:
- Failure to pay within 14 days will escalate the fine amount.
- Failure to pay within 21 days will escalate the fine amount further.
- Vehicles will be subject to tow upon accumulation of over $180.00 in unpaid fines. Additional fees for towing, storage and impoundment will be imposed.
- The driver, owner or person in charge of such vehicle shall pay an administrative fee of Twenty-five Dollars ($25.00). This fee shall be in addition to any towing or storage costs which may be incurred.
- No refunds will be given for overpayment of parking tickets.
Contesting a Parking Ticket
If you wish to contest your parking ticket you may set a court date through the Prosecutor's Assistant at the Clayton Police Department, 10 South Brentwood Blvd, Clayton, MO 63105, Monday thru Friday, from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. in person. You must provide your driver’s license and a written request stating you wish to be placed on the court docket. The Prosecutor's Assistant will provide you with an initial court date. Please note the judge can impose court fees in addition to the parking ticket fine and any late fees that were added during the time you were contesting the ticket if you are found guilty.