Parking tickets are issued by the Police and/or Parking Ambassadors. Fines are based on the type of violation.
Payment may be made on parking tickets by one of the following methods:
- Pay online (Visa, MasterCard or American Express) here. Convenience fees apply.
- Mail or visit the Traffic Violations Bureau at 10 S. Brentwood Blvd. to pay the prescribed fine (Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.. (Please DO NOT mail cash. Checks should be payable to the City of Clayton.)
- If the violation is for an expired meter ($20.00 fine), the fine will be discounted in half ($10,00) if paid in person within 30 minutes of the issuance of the summons.
- Drop Box payment (does not include discounted tickets)
- 10 S. Brentwood Blvd. (located near front door)
- Hanley/Wydown Parking Lot (located near driveway & traffic controller on edge of sidewalk)
- Maryland/Central Parking Lot (located on the corner)
- 11 N. Meramac Parking Lot (located on the southeast corner)
- 40 S. Central Parking Lot (located between planters on the concrete portion behind sidewalk)
- City Hall (located on the northeast corner of Bemiston & visitors parking lot)
- Expired Meter
- Paid within 14 days: $20
- Paid within 15-21 days: $40
- Paid after 21 days: $60
- Overtime at a meter
- Paid within 14 days: $25
- Paid within 15-21 days: $50
- Paid after 21 days: $75
- Parking in a disabled space
- Paid within 14 days: $100
- Paid within 15-21 days: $150
- Paid after 21 days: $225
For a list of all parking fines and ordinances, click here.
Penalties for Failure to Pay Parking Tickets:
- Failure to pay within 14 days will escalate the fine amount.
- Failure to pay within 21 days will escalate the fine amount further.
- Vehicles will be subject to tow upon accumulation of over $250.00 in unpaid fines. Additional fees for towing, storage and impoundment will be imposed.
- No refunds will be given for overpayment of parking tickets.
If you believe you have received a ticket in error, you may file an appeal here, You may appear in person to complete an appeal form, or send the completed form with a copy of the ticket via mail to:
City of Clayton
10 S. Brentwood Blvd.
Clayton, MO 63105