Complete a Personal Training Request Form and return to The Center of Clayton. These forms are also available at the welcome desk. You may also sign up by contacting Molly Troy, Fitness Supervisor at (314) 290-8514 or email@example.com.
The fitness staff will contact you to help you select a trainer that best suits your availability and preferences. You can also view our personal trainers' biographies online or in the fitness center and request the trainer who you would most enjoy working with.
If you have a trainer in mind, you may also obtain their business card in the fitness center and contact them directly to schedule sessions.
To get the most time with your trainer during your first workout, please complete the Health History Survey prior to your appointment.
You may be required to have your physician fill out a release prior to your starting an exercise program with a trainer. This process has been established by the American College of Sports Medicine in order to ensure your safety, rather than to expose you to unnecessary health risks. Individuals are asked to obtain a physician's release if 2 or more of the following conditions are present:
- You are currently leading a sedentary lifestyle.
- You are currently a smoker, or have quit smoking within the last 6 months;
- Your Body Mass Index is over 30. (To calculate yours, see http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm);
- You have high blood pressure or high cholesterol, or are taking medications to control either;
- You are a male over 45 or a female over 55;
- You have an immediate family member who has had a heart attack or stroke at a young age (males under 55, females under 65).
- You are currently struggling with issues specific to a specific muscle or joint and have not had the problem evaluated by a physician.
- You have known heart problems, cancer, diabetes, or other chronic illness, and are under a physician's care. (If so, please obtain a physician's consent form even if none of the other listed conditions are present.)
If the above listed health concerns are present, your trainer's certification requires that they have a Physician's Consent Form completed by your doctor prior to working with you.
We are able to assist you with this process. All we ask of you is that you:
- Provide us with your physician's information; and
- Phone your physician to let them know that the form is on its way.
We will take care of the rest. If your physician is interested in monitoring your progress, our trainers are happy to work with them to ensure you the safest, most effective workout available.