A scholarship program is available to assist eligible resident children pay for programs through Clayton Parks and Recreation. Eligibility is based on the Federal Lunch Program guidelines for free or reduced lunch. Scholarship funds are for recreation programs only and are not available for supplies, private lessons, rentals, memberships or admission to any facilities.
The scholarship process includes the following guidelines:
- Applicants must show proof of Clayton residency with application.
- Applicant must have one of the following:
- A copy of a Medicaid card
- A letter indicating child has been approved for the reduced or free school lunch program with dates of eligibility.
- Fall in lower income guidelines
- The initial scholarship request must be made one month prior to the start of a program.
- Applicants must pay one half of program, i.e., for a $100 program, financial assistance may not exceed $50.
- Maximum funding is $100 per child, or $300 per household, annually (September 1 to August 31).
- Applications are reviewed and notification will be sent within two weeks of review, Approved applicants will be instructed on how to register with the scholarship.
All requests remain confidential. If you think your child qualifies for a scholarship, contact Denise at 314-290-8516 for additional details.
Scholarships are made possible through the Clayton Century Foundation.