Shaw Park Aquatic Center is now open with the following modifications to or our operations have been instituted based on St. Louis County’s Public Water Recreation Facilities Guidelines.
At this time, admission will be limited to current members, Clayton residents and our corporate community. Information about proof of residency or corporate status is available on our Advantage Status page. Non-residents may purchase a platinum membership to use the facility. Cash payments will not be accepted for admission.
Reservations are required to ensure adherence to St. Louis County’s occupancy and social distancing restrictions. Reservations can be made up to one week in advance (to the hour) through our online registration site or by calling 314-290-8500. Please include every person who will attend. Blocks have predefined times and swimmers must arrive and leave within their selected time. 30-minute buffers are built into the schedule for additional cleaning of the facility. Please limit reservations to one per day to ensure others have the opportunity to use our facilities. If you do not already have an account with us, please complete the New Contact form and a member of our team will contact you.
Please note: reservations can only be canceled by calling 314-290-8500 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recreational Swim will be limited to 250 people. Children 5 years and younger must be within an arm’s length of their guardian. Children age 6-8 must be under the direct supervision of an individual age 15 and older. Children ages 9-11 must have an individual age 15 and older present at the facility. Individuals age 12 and older have full access to the facility.
July 1 – July 12
|Monday-Friday||12 - 2:30 pm | 3 - 5:30 pm | 6 - 8:00 pm|
|Sat., Sun., & Holidays||10 am - 1:00 pm | 1:30 - 4:30 pm | 5 - 8:00 pm|
July 13 – August 16
|Monday, Wednesday & Friday||12 - 2:30 pm | 3 - 5:30 pm | 6 - 8:00 pm|
|Tuesday & Thursday||12 - 2:30 pm | 3 - 5:30 pm|
|Sat., Sun., & Holidays||11 am - 1:30 pm | 2 - 4:30 pm | 5 - 7:30 pm|
August 17 – September 7
Lap Swim will be limited to 2 per lap lane starting at opposite end of the pool. Lap swim is defined as independent continuous swimming in the lanes.
July 1 – July 12
|Monday-Thursday||5:15 am – 10:00 pm|
|Friday||5:15 am – 8:00 pm
|Saturday - Sunday||10:00 am – 8:00 pm
July 13 – September 6
The times below are dedicated to Lap Swim only in 1-hour reservation blocks. Lap lanes will also be available in the 50-meter pool for drop-in use during all Recreational Swim times beginning July 13. Early morning Lap Swim will be held in the Dive Tank.
|Monday & Wednesday||5:15 am – 12:00 pm & 8:00 - 10:00 pm|
|Tuesday & Thursday||5:15 am – 12:00 pm & 6:00 - 10:00 pm|
|Friday||5:15 am – 12:00 pm
|Saturday - Sunday||9:00 am – 11:00 am
2020 Operational Changes
In addition to everything mentioned above, we will be instituting the following operational changes to comply with St. Louis County guidelines:
- Face Coverings – Masks are required for everyone over the age of 9 except while swimming, eating or sitting outside (as long as no one other than members of their household will be within six feet). Please wear a mask while waiting in line to enter the facility and when moving around the facility as you may be unable to maintain a distance of six feet from others at all times. It is recommended that children between 3-9 years of age wear a Face Covering, but it is not required. Read St. Louis County’s full Face Covering Guidelines on their website.
- Admission Screening - We will conduct wellness screenings for all patrons and staff before admission to the facility. Please stay home if you or anyone in your family is experiencing symptoms, has been exposed, or has been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. Anyone experiencing symptoms will be denied entry.
- Social Distancing - 6 feet of social distancing is required throughout the facility for individuals not in the same household. Please follow directional signage and floor markings throughout the facility.
- Equipment Check-Out – No shared equipment will be available including swimming aids.
- Disinfecting - We will conduct additional cleaning throughout the day, especially on high touch surfaces, equipment and common areas.
- Water Fountains - You will need to bring your own refillable water bottles. We have a water bottle filling station, but our water fountains will not be available for use.
- Concessions – An expanded vending machine selection will be available, and the touch points will be cleaned regularly. The Dock will remain closed this season.
- Seating – Personal, foldable chairs are permitted, but 6-foot spacing between groups must be maintained. Deck chairs will not be provided.
- Locker Rooms & Showers – Locker and shower rooms will be available for use with one-way access. Please follow markings.
- Swim Parties – Party rooms will not be available this summer.
- Classes – All group classes have been canceled this summer.
What to bring
- Face Covering
- Water Bottle
- Folding Chair
Details about St. Louis County Guidelines can be found on their site at https://stlcorona.com/dr-pages-messages/covid-19-safe-operating-protocols/
If you have any additional questions or need clarification on anything mentioned above, please send an email to email@example.com or call 314-290-8500.