Prescription Drug Drop Box
The Clayton Police Department participates in the year round Missouri prescription drug take back program. A disposal kiosk is located inside the police department lobby, located at 10 S. Brentwood Blvd. It is free to use, anonymous & can be accessed 24 hours a day. Any medication left in the kiosk will be transported to an off site location where it is safely incinerated.
The drop-off program initiative helps to prevent prescription drug abuse & theft by ridding homes of potentially dangerous, expired, unused, &/or unwanted prescription drugs. Medicines that languish in home cabinets are highly susceptible to diversion, misuse & abuse. Additionally, utilizing a drop box location to dispose of unwanted medications helps reduce accidental poisoning & protects our environment by keeping medications out of our rivers & streams.
To increase awareness of prescription & over-the-counter drug abuse issues facing our area’s youth & to help eliminate prescription drugs that are no longer being used from remaining in the home. The medicine cabinet is the most popular place for medications of abuse. This program provides a safe place for disposal of prescription drugs that are no longer needed.
- Prescription Medication including controlled substances
- Over-the-Counter medications
- Any illicit drugs, including marijuana, cocaine, etc. (These substances can be turned over to the police department at anytime).
- Liquids not secured in a leak proof container
- Sharp objects, including needles, autoinjectors, etc. Please check with your waste disposal company to learn their procedures for safe disposal of these items.
- Bio-hazardous materials
- Glass objects, including thermometers or other medical devices
- Aerosols, including inhalers
- Some pet medications. Please check with your veterinarian first.
National Prescription Drug Take Back Event
Due to current precautions this event has been cancelled & will be rescheduled at a date TBD. Across the St. Louis Area & throughout the country, law enforcement will be working with the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration to conduct a National Prescription Drug Take Back Event on April 25, 2020 from 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. The Clayton Police Department will have a collection site inside of the Center of Clayton, located at 50 Gay Ave.
For more information, please contact Cpl. Jenny Schwartz, at 314-290-8424 or email@example.com.