Trash collection is available to all residential properties and is collected once a week. Multi-family building residents should contact their building management with questions about trash containers. Multi-family buildings may require large commercial containers.
- Residents (single family homes) shall provide their own trash containers or rent a container from Republic Services.
- Trash must be placed in containers or plastic bags.
- Bags should not weigh more than the manufacturers rated capacity.
- Hand-lifted containers must be metal or plastic, rodent proof, have tight-fitting lids, have unbroken handles, be no larger than 33 gallons, and be no heavier than 50 pounds.
- Truck-lifted containers up to 90 gallons may be used by residence adjacent to an alley.
- Construction materials generated by contractors are not to be put in the regular trash.
Tires and car batteries cannot be collected as part of Clayton's residential waste collection contract. These items and others can be dropped off at one of the events through St. Louis County Health Department's Hazardous Household Waste Collection Programs. For more information see St. Louis County's Recycling and Solid Waste page.