When rapid notification is necessary in response to public safety emergencies like floods, chemical spills, gas leaks or public safety threats, the CodeRed Notification System is a valuable communications tool.
The City of Clayton has contracted with Emergency Communications Network, Inc., of Ormond Beach, Florida for its “CodeRED” high-speed telephone emergency notification services. The CodeRED system gives City officials the ability to deliver pre-recorded emergency telephone notification/information messages to targeted areas or the entire city.
Make sure you are in the CodeRED database
Public databases have been used to collect telephone numbers for existing Clayton homes and businesses.
However, since databases contain outdated information, no one should assume their phone number is included. For that reason, Clayton residents and businesses are urged to register, especially those who:
- Have an unlisted phone number
- Have changed their phone number or address in the last year
- Use their cell phone as their home phone
It’s easy to enroll in CodeRed
To sign up for CodeRED, click here.
CodeRed Weather Warnings
With CodeRed Weather Warnings, whenever the National Weather Service issues a severe thunderstorm, tornado or flash flood warning, and the geographically based CodeRed system determines that your address is in the path of the storm, you will receive an immediate call with that warning information. Because of the accuracy of this system, you won’t receive calls for weather warnings outside the path of the address you register.
CodeRed Weather Warnings enrollment
To go to the CodeRED Weather Warnings enrollment page, click here.
If you sign-up to receive CodeRED Weather Warning calls please note:
- To change your contact information or notification preferences at some point in the future, you must fill out the Account Creation section of the enrollment form when you sign-up to begin the service.
For residents who check caller-ID before answering the phone, all CodeRED Weather Warnings will display the number 800-566-9780 in the caller-ID box.
To discontinue Weather Warning callsIf you no longer want to receive the automatic weather warning messages dial 1-800-566-9780 from the phone that receives the Weather Warning calls, then push option 2 to "opt out" of weather related calls only.
Add these numbers to your phone today
- Add the CodeRED phone number 866.419.5000 to your caller ID - this is the number you will receive emergency calls from.
- Add the CodeRED phone number 855.969.4636 to your caller ID - this is the number you will receive general notifications from.